Hero has made the changes “with the objective of driving growth in the emerging business climate, and to create a bench-strength of future leaders.”
Hero MotoCorp has made some big changes at the top levels of management. In its press statement, the company stated that it has made the changes “with the objective of driving growth in the emerging business climate, and to create a bench-strength of future leaders”.
Members of upper management have been assigned new roles and their new corporate positions are as follows:
- Rajat Bhargava will assume the newly created role of chief of staff in the office of chairman and CEO, Dr Pawan Munjal. Previously, Bhargava was heading strategy, global business and emerging mobility business unit (EMBU).
- Malo Le Masson, currently the head of global product planning, has been appointed head of strategy.
- Ravi Pisipaty, currently head of three manufacturing plants and the Global Parts Centre, has been appointed the head of plant operations.
- Mahesh Kaikini, currently the head of the Gurgaon plant, has been appointed chief quality officer.
- Ashutosh Varma, currently the head of west zone for sales and aftersales, has been appointed the new head of national sales.
Hero MotoCorp says it will “continue to evaluate internal talent within the organisation to identify and groom them for potential leadership positions. These announcements are the first step in this direction and the organisation will continue to build on this platform in future. “
Like the rest of the Indian automobile industry, Hero MotoCorp too has been impacted by the prolonged slowdown and the COVID-19-driven lockdown. In the April-June 2020 quarter, the company sold a total of 5,38,341 two-wheelers, down 70.19 percent year on year.