- The Ford Aspire will also be without the 1.5L petrol automatic variant.
- Ford has brought in significant changes in its colour combinations, as well.
To honour its commitment to comply with BS6 norms, Ford has stated that it is withdrawing the 1L Eco-Boost engine for the EcoSport. It had also indicated that it will discontinue the 1.5L petrol automatic variant of the Ford Aspire.
Through its confidential document for its dealers, Ford has directed that it is discontinuing the Absolute Black colour combination for the Ford Aspire, Figo, and the Freestyle. Similarly, the Deep Impact Blue colour will no longer be available in the Ford Figo and Aspire.
The Dealer Confidential Bulletin dated January 08, 2020 rings in these changes to comply with the BS6 emission norms. This 1L EcoBoost engine was available in top-spec S-variant alone. This BS4-compliant engine produced a maximum power of 125ps and torque of 175Nm while mating with a 6-speed manual transmission system.
Ford has confirmed that the 1.5L TIVCT petrol and the 1.5L TDCi diesel engines will continue to be available on the EcoSport. The 1.5L petrol engine produces a maximum power of 121ps and torque of 150Nm, whereas the diesel engine delivers 99bhp of power and 205Nm torque.
As a result of this latest communication, one can expect the following changes to Ford vehicles.
- Ford Endeavour will not be available in the Sunset Red, Moondust Silver, and Smoke Grey versions, whereas the other colours, namely Absolute Black, Diffused Silver, and Diamond White will continue.
- The EcoSport will not have the 1L EcoBoost petrol engine.
- The Absolute Black colour stands withdrawn from the Aspire, Freestyle, and the Figo.
- The Ford Figo and Aspire will also not come with the Deep Impact Blue colour.
- The 1.5L TIVCT petrol automatic engine also stands discontinued from these three vehicles, the Aspire, Figo, and Freestyle.
As a replacement, Ford is expected to equip the EcoSport with Mahindra’s 1.2L turbo-charged direct-injection petrol motor. This engine is supposedly more potent than the outgoing 1L EcoBoost.
Ford recognises that the SUVs are in high demand in India. Therefore, it has equipped the EcoSport with fantastic features like a touchscreen info system with high-quality navigation functionalities. The Ford EcoSport exteriors come with DRLs, automatic HID headlights, rain-sensing wipers, an electrochromic mirror. Other highlights include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-tone bonnet, a dark exterior theme, and decals on its doors.
Ford endeavours to maintain its position as one of the best-selling SUVs in India after the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.